Illuminating the Factory Floor
with Instant-On Lighting
At Clare Weber's Fabricating, existing illumination was under-powered for the detail work that was being carried-out.
A 150 Watt Induction light was placed in one of the bays (See 2nd light on Right row) to replace 400 Watt Metal Halide Lamps.
Several important points were revealed:
- The fixture weighs considerably less than existing thus reducing pressure on the ceiling;
- Induction light uses +67% less energy;
- Induction light is instant-on! No run-up time;
- Rated Life is now 100,000 Hours vs 10,000 Hours;
- Very little heat is generated by induction lights - a very important difference for those Technicians working on the top deck of a fire engine with their backs to the fixtures.
If you have questions or comments, please click here to get in touch.